Our Commitment to You
Your Personal Information
“Personal information” is defined as information about an identifiable individual, or information that allows an individual to be identified. This is a very broad definition and may encompass most types of information held about an identifiable individual such as race, medical, criminal, employment and financial history. It can also include an identifiable individual’s address, personal telephone number, date of birth, family status, marital status, occupation, driver’s license, driving record information, mortgage and loan details, previous insurance experience, claims history, driving record, policy number and vehicle identity number.
Safeguarding Personal Information
Confidentiality is a priority for us, and we have established appropriate measures to safeguard the privacy of the personal information contained in your file. ****We use up-to-date technological tools (i.e. passwords, encryption, firewalls and security updates) to protect personal information.
- insurance companies with whom we place insurance policies on your behalf;
- insurance brokers who may provide insurance advice to you about our products and services;
- sponsoring associations or organizations that you may be a member or part of, which sponsor our insurance programs;
- third party services providers who help us process your information or involved with processing an insurance claim on your behalf;
- advertising, marketing and communications providers who help us promote our products and services to you; and
- financial institutions, medical advisors, public health authorities and other third parties with whom we deal in issuing and administering your insurance.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information about you from you or from other sources such as our Partners, other third parties to whom you gave consent, and public sources such as government agencies or internet sites. **** We collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes below, which include allowing us and our Partners:
- To provide and administer the products and services you request;
- To communicate effectively with you about the products and services you request;
- To develop and maintain our relationship with you, including inviting you to comment on the services we provide to you;
- To process your application or quote for services;
- To approve transactions;
- To verify your identity and the information you provide in order to protect against errors and fraud;
- To verify your eligibility for certain services;
- To perform analytics which may help us to understand, improve or customize your experience with our products and services;
- To perform analytics which may help us to understand, improve or develop existing and new insurance-related products and services;
- To anonymize or de-identify the information;
- For testing, such as when updating systems or ****evaluating existing or potential Partner relationships;
- For data processing, website administration or information technology support;
- To respond to inquiries about your application, account, insurance policy or any other business that you have with us;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
To Whom We Disclose Your Personal Information
Our Opt-Out Policy
You have the option to refuse, or to withdraw, your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information as follows:
- You may choose not to provide certain personal information to us.
- You may, with reasonable written notice, withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, subject to any legal or contractual restrictions.
- You may withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information to provide you with promotional offers from us or from our Partners for other service or product offerings, excluding those provided to you via standard mail with your statements. Some of the personal information we request is necessary in order to provide the product or service you have requested. If you withhold or withdraw your consent, please be advised that we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services and that certain products or services may need to be terminated as a result of such withdrawal.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You can ask to review the personal information we have about you in our files. Requests must be made in writing and sent to us at the address below by fax, email, or letter. We will respond to your request as quickly as possible. We may ask you to provide enough information that would enable us to locate your personal information and determined how it has been used or disclosed. For example, we may need to verify your identity. If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide reasons for our inability to do so in writing, unless we are prohibited from doing so by law.
How to Contact Us
207 Queens Quay W, suite 400
Toronto, ON M5J 1A7
Toronto, ON M5J 1R7